High Risk Navigation Coordinator Position
This position is a 12 to 14 month contract at 35 hours per week at a base rate of $22 per hour.
This project is intended to build working connections, share expertise and provide training and knowledge exchange between women’s anti-violence advocates and legal system players through the development of a cross sectoral advocacy protocol to support women and their children who are at high risk of physical harm from intimate partners.
The High Risk Navigation Coordinator will:
- Research and assess risk assessment tools and high risk protocols across sectors and in other jurisdictions.
- Solicit and facilitate an advisory group of women who have experienced violence to map their journey through the systemic response.
- Develop contacts with and provide a liaison role between anti-violence advocates and legal system professionals; facilitate connections between participants across sectors and coordinate joint meetings.
- Provide logistical coordination to contact and arrange travel and accommodation for trainers and organize training events.
- Develop a draft High Risk protocol and associated tools for Thunder Bay and District.
The successful applicant will have an educational and work experience background in law, legal advocacy or sociology; have a strong understanding of the criminal legal system and good knowledge of the systemic response to gender-based violence in Thunder Bay and District. They must demonstrate a clear analysis of gender-based violence and anti-racist, anti oppressive principles. They must also demonstrate an understanding of the impacts of colonialism and the intersections with the systemic response to violence against Indigenous women. They will possess excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated organizational/ coordination abilities.
Please email resume and cover letter (applications without a dedicated cover letter will not be considered) by June 26th to:
Hiring Committee, Northwestern Ontario Women’s Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not contact the office directly – we will notify all applicants and contact those we select to interview.