The Gender Based Violence Navigation Advocate provides support for women who are experiencing or are at risk of experiencing physical and/or sexual violence or coercive control by a partner, family member or acquaintance. Women who are navigating various court systems may also access court advocacy.
We can help by:
- Ensuring that women who are experiencing or at high risk of gender-based violence have access to ongoing and appropriate support and referrals
- Coordinating with Violence Against Women service providers to ensure that critical information is shared
- Assisting with preparing for court
- Ensuring coordination between various legal sectors (criminal, family, immigration etc.)
- Providing court accompaniment and emotional support
This service is intended to enhance the effectiveness of the existing VAW response, not duplicate or replace it.
For more information or to make a referral, contact Jennifer:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (807) 935-8042
This program is funded by: