from The Conversation:
This was undoubtedly a difficult statement to write through their grief and anguish. Veteran Canadian-Israeli activist Vivian Silver, a founding member of Women Wage Peace, is among those Israelis presumed kidnapped or murdered in the Hamas attack. And today, Palestinians struggle to stay alive under Israel’s campaign of collective punishment in Gaza.
But this statement of cross-community solidarity — steadfastly insisting on peace in the face of war — is emblematic of the power and resolve of feminist anti-war collective action.
Read the full article, “How women in Israel and Palestine are pushing for peace–together” by Siobhan Byrne, The Conversation, October 17, 2023.
- A Family’s ‘Terrible Hope’ for a Peace Activist Taken Hostage: https://time.com/6324685/vivian-silver-hamas-hostage-gaza-israel/
- Women Wage Peace: https://www.womenwagepeace.org.il/en/
- Women of the Sun: https://womensun.org/
- Women in Black: https://womeninblack.org/
- On Canada Project: https://oncanadaproject.ca/
- The Slow Factory: https://www.instagram.com/theslowfactory/