from CLEO:

Do you need help paying fees in your civil, small claims, or family law matter?

People who cannot afford these fees because of a low income, can ask the court for a fee waiver.

CLEO has a new Guided Pathway to help you fill out a form to request a court fee waiver. The court will look at your financial situation to decide if you qualify. Most people are eligible for a fee waiver if:

  • their total household income is low
  • most of their income is from social assistance or other benefits
  • their lawyer is being paid by a legal aid certificate

Get more information and access the fee waiver request form on the Steps to Justice website:

Comments are closed

Subscribe to our newsletter!
Follow us!