We’re seeking an Event Coordinator to plan and arrange our 50th Anniversary Celebration.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the Northwestern Ontario Women’s Centre, our mission and values. The Event Coordinator will work with NOWC staff and board to accomplish the following tasks:
- Secure a main event location
- Organize refreshments/food for the event
- Organize publicity and promotion for the event in cooperation with NOWC Communications staff (i.e. radio and newspaper interviews, campus announcements, social media, etc.)
- Facilitate printing/production of merchandise (shirts, zines, etc.) to commemorate NOWC’s 50th Anniversary
- Work with NOWC Fundraising Committee to secure donations for a silent auction
- Recruit and collaborate with a “Maven of Ceremonies” to develop a programme for the event
- Oversee ticket sales/distribution for the event
- Arrange for entertainment, music and speakers for the event, and required licensing
- Arrange for opportunities to sell tickets, merchandise and to promote the Anniversary at various events and spaces across Thunder Bay, and required licensing
- Maintain a chronological record/log of coordination efforts
- Ensure NOWC staff and board are kept informed of all arrangements and contracts
The starting date for this contract is January 9, 2023 and current end date is May 12, 2023.
This is a contract position for $3,000, payable in two instalments upon invoice.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resumé by December 9 to:
50th Anniversary Committee, Northwestern Ontario Women’s Centre
c/o [email protected]
or 73 Cumberland St. N, Suite 101, Thunder Bay P7A 4L8